As a multidisciplinary space for queer arts, SUM has already hosted: poetry readings, workshops, exhibitions, screenings, performances, artists talks, book launch, yoga nights, and of course, parties.
Hourly rental: $50, 4hr min.
Daily rental: $350
Monthly Rental: $5000
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any
questions related to space, bookings and non-profit rates.
SUM Gallery is now completing a fully detailed Radical Access Mapping Project Accessibility Audit. See our RAMP Accessibility Overview for ratings and general access information. See our COVID-19 Safety Requirements for in-person visits and events such as Mass Reincarnation of Wish Fragments 願片大量転生 (Ganhen Tairyou Tensei).
Other access needs? Questions? Please email email@example.com
The BC Artscape-Sun Wah building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Building entrance is at street level with no steps and the front doors of the building are automatic.
- Lobby has a ramp with a handrail and stairs with a handrail to reach the elevator.
- The fourth floor has two non-gendered multiple stalls washrooms, including one universal washroom with grab bars and wheelchair clearance. The washroom entrance is 32 inches wide.
- Support animals are welcome. BC Artscape is dog-friendly.
- The front door of our suite is 32 inches wide, swinging inward. The automatic door operator is at 35 inches high.
- Our events are scent-reduced. Please refrain from wearing cologne, perfume, scented personal care products or essential oils. Visitors who wear scented products will be asked to leave.
- The gallery space has no windows.
- The gallery floor is flat, with no internal stairs.
- Chairs are without arms.
SUM GALLERY MEASUREMENTS
678 square feet
93 linear feet
North wall: 22’
West wall: 15’
South wall: 22’
East wall: 24’Ceiling height:
to the light rails: 9’
to highest point: 11’
STANDING: MAX. 100
SEATING: MAX. 70
The gallery space has no windows.
- Standing Gallery lights x30
- 1920 x 1080 monitor ($25 per day rental)
- projector with 4K Enhancement ($50 per day rental)
- Sound system with speakers, subwoofer, wireless and wired mics
- Grand piano Petrof 6.3 ($30 per day as is; if tuning is required, add $250 and 3 weeks notice)
- Chairs x70
- Tables x4
- 22×28 standing signs x2
- Communal kitchen outside the suite (sink, fridge, microwave, dishwasher)
- Traditional welcoming/Land acknowledgment
- ASL interpretation
- Chinese translation
- Chinese interpretation
- French translation
- Liquor licensing
- Extra personnel: bar service, food service, box office/front of house
- Digital communications/social media
- Graphic design
- Documentation (photography, videography)
- Art installation and shipping
- Additional equipment rental