As a multidisciplinary space for queer arts, SUM has already hosted: poetry readings, workshops, exhibitions, screenings, performances, artists talks, book launch, yoga nights, and of course, parties. Now that we are settled in our new home, the gallery is available for rental.
Hourly rental: $25, 4hr min.
Daily rental: $200
Monthly Rental: $2000, $250 refundable deposit.
Ask us about our non-profit rates.
Email Mirim at email@example.com
This location has not yet had an accessibility audit.
The BC Artscape-Sun Wah building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Building entrance is street level with no steps, the front doors of the building are automatic.
- Lobby has a ramp with a handrail, and stairs with a handrail, to reach the elevator.
- The fourth floor has two non-gendered multiple stalls washrooms, including one universal washroom with grab bars and wheelchair clearance. The washroom entrance is 32 inches wide.
- Support animals are welcome. BC Artscape is dog-friendly.
- The front door of our suite is 32 inches wide, swinging inward. The automatic door operator is at 35 inches high.
- Our events are scent-reduced. Please refrain from wearing cologne, perfume, scented personal care products or essential oils. Visitors who wear scented products will be asked to leave.
- The gallery space has no windows.
- The gallery floor is flat, with no internal stairs.
- Chairs are without arms.
SUM GALLERY MEASUREMENTS
678 square feet
93 linear feet
North wall: 22’
West wall: 15’
South wall: 22’
East wall: 24’Ceiling height:
to the light rails: 9’
to highest point: 11’
The gallery space has no windows.
SUM GALLERY FACT SHEET
Capacity:tanding: max. 100
seating: max. 70
- Standing Gallery lights x30
- 1920 x 1080 monitor ($25 per day rental)
- projector with 4K Enhancement ($50 per day rental)
- Sound system with speakers, subwoofer, wireless and wired mics
- Grand piano Petrof 6.3 ($30 per day as is; if tuning is required, add $250 and 3 weeks notice)
- Chairs x70
- Tables x4
- 22×28 standing signs x2
- Communal kitchen outside the suite (sink, fridge, microwave, dishwasher)
- Traditional welcoming/Land acknowledgment
- ASL interpretation
- Chinese translation
- Chinese interpretation
- French translation
- Liquor licensing
- Extra personnel: bar service, food service, box office/front of house
- Digital communications/social media
- Graphic design
- Documentation (photography, videography)
- Art installation and shipping
- Additional equipment rental