Pride in Art Society is hiring!
OPERATIONS MANAGER (download position details here)
We are currently searching for an OPERATIONS MANAGER with strong operations skills to join our team. The OPERATIONS MANAGER reports to the Artistic Director and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Pride in Art Society. In particular, the OPERATIONS MANAGER works cooperatively with the Artistic Director to implement the artistic vision of the Society, as conceived by the Artistic Director. The OPERATIONS MANAGER is an experienced administrator who is responsible for the day-to-day operations, administration and financial management, including directly managing administrative and seasonal/festival staff.
The OPERATIONS MANAGER should also bring creativity, a sense of daring and passion to their work, as well as vision and commitment to the future of art in Canada. This is an opportunity to join a vital, growing, and financially healthy organization that offers the right candidate the possibility to truly make a difference in one of the fastest-growing festivals in the country.
- Day to Day Administration:
- Managing office staff, contractors, vendors and volunteers;
- Developing and negotiating contracts;
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, developing, implementing, modifying and executing the strategic plan;
- Hiring and supervising full-time, part-time and seasonal employees in consultation and collaboration with the Artistic Director;
- Maintaining files and records of all Society activities; and
- Overseeing the maintenance, implementation of all Society equipment and facilities.
- Financial Management:
- Creating the annual operating budget, project budgets, cash flow and forecasting and tracking of expenses;
- Administering banking transactions, payroll, accounts payables/receivables, invoices and receipts;
- Negotiating vendor and consultant fees, salaries and travel expenses and creating contracts;
- Maintaining financial management systems and information;
- Analyzing and preparing financial data and reports; and,
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate government charity regulations, taxation, and licensing.
- Facilities and Event Management:
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, overseeing the planning, logistics, implementation, and evaluation of the Queer Arts Festival and its programming, including presentations and communications.
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, overseeing the planning and logistics of the SUM Gallery and shared/leased office space.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, overseeing the planning, logistics, implementation, and evaluation of all fundraising activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or similar fields, or commensurate experience;
- Leadership experience planning, coordinating, and implementing large special events or festivals;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory role;
- Strong connection to and awareness of the arts and queer communities.
Competencies (demonstrated experience with):
- Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
- Budget development and financial management;
- Business administration;
- Project management;
- Special event or program management;
- Strong leadership, communication, decision making, negotiation, collaboration and networking skills;
- Commitment, independence, initiative, and assertiveness skills; and
- Strong people and HR management skills.
The Pride in Art Society offers competitive compensation and a creative working environment of diverse staff and artists.
The salary range is $49,000-$57,000, commensurate with experience, plus a comprehensive health and dental plan. This is a one-year appointment, however, the term may be extended upon the written agreement of both parties.
Think this might be you? Please contact your nearest Work BC Centre to confirm you’re eligible for JCP before you contact us. If you are eligible, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please check our volunteer page here for more opportunities.